Azure Active Directory is a service for managing access to the system through a shared Active Directory service.
Azure Active Directory - a service on the UseDesk side that checks with Azure group users in Active Directory. In your account at https://portal.azure.com/ you will store all users and their groups.
The service, at the attempt of the user login of the corporate account, checks the login and the password of the user in Azure and assigns the rights for workers in the system. Active Directory groups determine the access to the system. If there is no employee in any of the Active Directory groups, there will be no system access.
To connect Azure Active Directory to the Usedesk, open the "Extensions" section and check if the integration ("ON" for "Azure Active Directory") is enabled;
1. Go to "Settings" - "Azure Active Directory". The "Azure Active Directory" setting is available to employees with "Admins" rights.
1.1. Fill in the connection fields:
* After switching to "Enterprise application," select the required application and enter the data from it in the field for connection.
1.2. Press the "Connect" button.
2. After successful authentication, add the list of groups to the corresponding fields from https://portal.azure.com, which contain your employees:
Take the data in your personal cabinet https://portal.azure.com
Example of filling:
2.1 Press the "Import from AD" button. The "Import from AD" button will be available only the first time you add employees. In the second and subsequent import (addition/deletion) - the "Update" button (item 4).
3. At import, the Usedesk receives the list of employees and checks by email if there is no such employee in the system:
a) If there is no employee in the Usedesk - the system checks the number of available licenses and creates an employee with data from Active Directory:
b) If an employee is in the UseDesk, he updates the above data in the system.
Note! If there are no available licenses, employees' import stops with the display of information in the window. Licenses of employees with the "Employee" permissions are not checked.
4. If this is not the first time you are importing employees, click "Update" in the settings - Azure Active Directory. The system will check by ID all employees in the specified groups in the current setting with Active Directory groups:
1. On the login page, press the button to log in with AD.
2. Enter your e-mail
3. In Active Directory, login through your account at https://portal.azure.com/.
If you do not have access, authentication in the Usedesk will not be successful.
In the profile of the current employee or any other user that has ID data from Active Directory, the following fields are not available for editing:
In the edit card of the current employee or any other user that has ID data from Active Directory, the following fields are not available for editing: