Integration with Jira - tracking the statuses of the task in Usedesk, as well as recent changes and comments on it.
1. Create a custom field with the type of text. Open "Settings" - "Custom fields", click "Create".
2. Create a dynamic block. Open section "Settings" - "Blocks", click "Add a dynamic block":
3. Add parameters (POST):
- jira_domain - Jira domain. Write from https:// (required parameter);
- jira_username - user name in Jira. It is necessary to create a dynamic block with administrator data in Jira (required parameter);
- jira_secret - password from the account, whose user name you specified in the field jira_username (required parameter);
- usedesk_field_id - ID of custom field from p.1 (required parameter). This field is necessary to bind the grease task to the ticket;
- usedesk_token - API token from any API channel (required parameter). Create an API channel in UseDesk or use the existing one, copy the value from the "Secret key" field;
- new_comments_amount - number of last comments in the task from Jira, which is bound to the ticket;
- last_changes_amount - number of last changes in the task from Jira, which is bound to the ticket;
- block_height - the height of the block.
After making all changes, click "Save".
Enter any ticket and specify the task number from Jira in the custom field from item 1.
For example: USEDESK-3358
The system will search in Jira for the task number specified in the custom field (item 1).
In the ticket, an additional block is located on the right side of the page under the client card and other additional blocks (if any), the height of which you can adjust using the additional parameter block_height. A link from the block will be opened in a new window to move from Usedesk to Jira.
Task status controling, recent changes and comments on it.
Attaching a task to the request card
You can link one or more Jira issues to a request card. The link will be in the additional field from item 1. Bind - see information on a specific task (s) in the request card. To do this, click "Link" and fill in the "Number" field with the Jira issue key. For example: USEDESK-3358.
Information in the additional block of the request card
The information in the additional block of the request card includes the following information and functions:
1. Button "Link", "Unlink" - buttons for attaching / deleting a task in the request card.
- If you have linked one task to the request card, then there will be a linked task in the block. To unlink a task - click the Unlink button
- If you have linked several tasks to the request card, then the block will contain a Chinese list. The task key in the general list is a link for switching from Usedesk to Jira (in the example, USEDESK-7726). To go to the card of a specific task, click on the name. To unlink a task - use the task card and click the "Unlink" button;
The corresponding logic is written in the log of the request card.
2. Button "Back to the list of tickets" - to return to the general list of Jira tasks linked to the request card (displayed if more than 1 task is linked);
3. Number and name of the task - a link for switching from UseDesk to Jira, opens in a new window;
4. Additional fields - additional information in Jira, which you can configure to be displayed in the task card. To do this, click on the gear and select the fields created in the task card. The order of the fields depends on the numbering of the other selected field;
Important! Some fields may not be displayed correctly for display. We are working on it.
5. Latest changes - last changes in the task. You can configure the quantity using the last_changes_amount parameter in the dynamic block (see Integration settings, p. 3);
6. Last comments - the last comments in the problem. You can adjust the amount using the "new_comments_amount" parameter in the dynamic block (see Integration settings, p. 3);
7. The "Write a comment" button is a function with which you can leave a comment on an issue without going to Jira. The corresponding log will be written in the request card's log.
Was the article helpful?