To connect the widget to the site, open the "Channels" - "Chat" section, click "Add".
At the bottom of the settings page you will find the widget code. Once the widget is ready to be published, copy the script and ask your site administrator to place the script before the closing tag . If you place the widget through Google Tag Manager, please follow the instructions.
The widget adjustment card consists of 10 blocks:
1. "Widget" block
General widget settings:
- The name of the channel. Required field. Enter the name of the channel that will be displayed in the general channel list in the "Channels" section and used in Usedesk (filters, ticket card, settings, etc.);
- Language - the language of system messages and buttons in the widget. Choose the one your clients speak;
- Color - the main color of the widget for the header and buttons;
- Text in the header. Required field. Specify the header in the chat header;
- Powered By - the text at the bottom of the widget, for example, to alert you when personal data is being collected. Displayed in the form of feedback and in chat when the setting is off in the "Chat" - "Do not request mail" block;
Allow attachments - check this box to allow clients to send attachments to the chat room.
Note! For internal security, the Usedesk renames attachments from clients in the following format:
.aru .msc .sfx .tmp .py .pif .application .wmf .msp .com .cmd .dll .apk .bat .bin .cgi .cmd .com .cpp .js .jse .exe .html .hta .htm .vbs .vb .phtml .gadget .gtp .hta .jar .scr .cpl .msi .msu .msp .paf .ps1 .pwz .scr .thm .vb .vbe .vbs .ws .wsc .wsh .wsf .php .jse .ps1 .ps1xml .ps2 .psc1 .psc2 .lnk .inf .scf .msh .msh1 .msh2 .mshxml .msh1xml .msh2hml .reg .doc .xls .ppt .docm .dotm .xlsm .xltm .pptm .potm .ppam .ppsm .sldm .gzquar .zix .ocx .ozd .class .swf .drv .chm .pgm .sjs .xlm .dev .vba .vbe .pif .tsa .vxd .hlp .sop .xnxx .386 .tps .boo .vb .pcx .rhk .bkd .exe1 .dxz .osa .lik .cih .dyz .9 .mfu .z7p .dlb .kcd .dyv .mjz .php3 .dom .hlw .wsc .vbx .fnr .cla .rsc_tmp .wlpginstall .dli .xir .mjf .bhx .mcq .bup .upa .dllx .xdu .xlv .cxq .bxz .ska .wsh .cfxxe .txs .qrn .fag .tti .bll .vexe .xtbl .uzy .smtmp .tko .oar .ceo .scr .smm .plc .cc .ssy .ctbl .spam .dbd .blf .ce0 .iws .zvz .vzr .hsq .rna .aepl .nls .lkh .let .aut .delf .fuj .ezt .buk .bmw .hts .atm .iva .dx .bqf .qit .pr .bps .fjl .capxml .cyw .pid .lpaq5 .lok .xnt .0_full_0_tgod_signed
For example: .doc is renamed to .doc.dangerouse_format.txt;
- Display priority (z-index) -the index determines the priority of displaying the widget among layers of other elements of your site. For example, if the widget index is lower than the index of the main image on the site, the widget will not be displayed (the image will be in priority);
- Show the submit button in the Knowledge Base - check this box to activate the feedback button from the "Write to us" widget if the client is reading one of your articles;
Delay for missed chats - specify the number of seconds after which the widget's chat will be considered skipped if the operator does not respond to the client. The system must react only to the user's first response in new or reopened chats. The time is counted from the moment the client has written the message until the operator's first response. For example: the client has written a message, the user has replied within the time limit set in the configuration, and until the chat is closed, you wouldn't miss this message. If the value is blank, the system will automatically transfer the number of seconds to 0, and not a single chat from the widget will be considered missed. The user can continue working with the missed chats in the "Tickets" section of the "Missed Chats" filter (or select the "Missed Chats" filter in the chat);
- A maximum number of chats per agent - specify the maximum number of chats that one agent can have. The system will distribute chats evenly among all agents up to the specified number in the setting. When the limit is reached, all other chats remain unassigned. If there is a rule with an assignment action and any other actions, then this assignment action will not be executed (all other actions of this rule are executed). If the value is not filled, the system will automatically convert the number of chats to 0, and the distribution of chats will work without any limit (by the number).
- Allowed to answer if the client is offline - check this box so that users can respond to the client, even if they have already left the site and offline. Enable this setting if you are sure that the client will return to the widget soon;
- Only allowed to terminate your chats - check this box, and the user will be able to end only the chats assigned to it;
- Show widget - choose to display the widget on the site: always, during working hours (working hours of user groups are used) or never.
2. "Button" block
Setting the widget button display:
- Number of waves - set any value of the field to more than one so that your widget attracts more attention - that's how many times the icon will flash after the page is loaded;
Badge show timeout - the number of seconds after which the widget appears on the page where it is installed;
- Position - position of the widget button on the page: right, left;
- Colour - the background of the widget button;
Icon - download the icon for the widget (picture or GIF) or use the default icon - the Usedesk logo.
3. "Tooltip" block
Setting up hints in the widget:
- Show - select the option when you want to display the tooltip in the widget: always, never, when hovering;
- Background color - the background color of the tooltip;
- Text - the text of the tooltip for the widget. Enter the tooltip in the language in which your clients communicate;
- Text color - the color of the hint text;
- Text size - the size of the hint text.
4. "Feedback form" block
Setting up the feedback form:
- Create tickets through the channel - select the channel through you'll receive the feedback from clients to the "Tickets" section;
- Show - select the option when you want to display the feedback form in the widget:
- after hours. The working time of user groups is set up, the rest of the time it is a chat with support;
- always only a callback form. Chat with support will not be displayed;
- always callback+chat. When you open the widget, the feedback form will be available, and after filling the widget, a chat with support will open;
- never. Chat with support will always be visible.
- Form title - specify the name of the form. If you leave the field blank, the standard "Feedback" will be displayed on the client-side;
- Greeting - add a greeting text that will be sent to the client on behalf of the company bot when filling out the feedback form. By default, the bot replies as "Usedesk Bot" if the bot is not renamed in the settings. The bot name can also be set in the widget settings in the "Chat" block - "Replace operator name with" and the bot will reply from the name specified in the field;
- Topics. Required field. Specify the topics from which the client can choose when contacting you. The topic will become the title of the incoming request;
- Topic headline - write the text of the help to the client;
- Topic required - check the box to make the selection of a topic mandatory;
- Custom fields - fields in the form with any additional information. For example, "city", "order number", etc. Check the box below to make the added fields mandatory.
5. "Chat" block
Setting up chat with support:
- Replace operator name with - replace operator and bot names with one name;
- Do not ask email - tick the checkbox to avoid requesting the customer's mail before starting the chat. Remember that in this case you will not be able to automatically identify the client in the system and view the history of his requests;
- Greeting - a message that the client will receive from you as soon as he starts chatting;
- Reaction - tick the checkbox below to send the text to the client ("Reaction text"), if he writes "hello", "hello", "good afternoon";
- Reaction text;
- Button text color in messages - set up the buttons in the widget to automate correspondence and set the color of the button text in this field;
- Button background color in messages.
6. "Setting items" block
To make the icon appear in the widget, click the "Add" button, and set the values in any order. You can change the order of the typed items by drag-n-drop.
Fill in the form opposite the desired item:
- Tooltip - pop-up help. If the field is not filled, the tooltip is not displayed;
- Picture - view of your button. Hover over the default icon, press "plus," and add your picture (size not exceeding 20 Mb);
Link or list item for the following values:
- Support center - if you have more than one knowledge base in your account, select the one you want to display in this particular widget. By default, the first knowledge base in the list is selected. The knowledge base will always be located at the top of the list in the widget, regardless of its location when you configure it;
- VKontakte - page/group id;
- Facebook - a link to the Facebook messenger dialogue with your company;
- Viber - a link to the public (viber://chat?number=%2B) or a phone number;
- Telegram - link to a bot or account;
- Odnoklassniki - a link to the group dialogue;
- Instagram - profile link;
- WhatsApp - format link - https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=+ phone;
- Skype - chat link;
- Link - outside link.
Add chat, messengers, social networks through the specified parameters, and use a new field "Link" to add necessary channels for your company through an outside link.
The total number of icons in the widget is limited to 10.
Including the messenger in the widget does not integrate it with the Usedesk. Use the instructions to connect the messengers.
The following blocks will only be needed when integrating messengers, so we are going to cover them in separate articles on connectivity.
7. "Messengers setting" block
8. "Configure Slack" block
9. "Telegram setting" block
10. "Yandex setting» block
Was the article helpful?