Status, type and priority of tickets
Status — the state that shows at what stage the ticket is at. Status helps to build workflows for the whole team. In this case, effective automation triggers can be tied to statuses.
In Usedesk, every customer request can move from one status to another:
- New — the request has been received, but not processed. For example, if you leave a comment, add a tag, assign an assignee, etc., then the request will move to the «Open» status;
- Opened — the request is waiting for your actions;
- Solved — the request is complete, you have done everything required and sent the last response from your side. If the client writes to this chain again, the ticket will be reopened, and the status will change to «Opened»;
- Closed — when some time has passed since the request was fulfilled (for example, 2–3 days) and the client does not write a reply to the same request, the status can be moved to «Closed». If the client writes a message to the same appeal again, the card with the appeal will not be reopened — another ticket with the status «New» will be created from the message;
- Deleted — the ticket is not necessary for statistics and further work. For example, it is a double or an external address. Requests with this status are not shown in the general list of tickets. To display them in the general list, select «Status» in the system filter — delete;
- On hold — the client waits for feedback from you. As a rule, this status is for long-term work: for example, you promised the client something to do, but not right now, but in a few days. All these days, the request may be in «On hold» status, so you know it's a duty and don't forget about it;
- Pending — you sent the client an answer and expected reciprocity;
- Spam — for unwanted messages that have no place in statistics or filters;
- Newsletter — if the channel's mail also gets mail from the resources you are subscribed to, that status is for them. They will not be counted in statistics, but they will be in quick access simultaneously.
There are two ways to change the status of your ticket card:
- Click on the status next to the subject and the ticket number. Use this method if you do not need to reply to the client, for example, the ticket has to be transferred to another assigned person with the status changed (click on the button, select the status and proceed to another message);
- Next to the «Reply» button, select the drop-down list status (at the bottom of the ticket card). Use this method before sending a message to the client (button «Reply»). If you want to leave the current status request, use the «Do not change» action.
Ticket type — a criterion that helps sort the tickets in essence and prioritizes their execution.There are four types of queries in Usedesk, the values of which you can define yourself. We offer the following standard definitions:
- Question — the request of the client to clarify the information;
- Task — in addition to answering the question you need to perform an action: send a reference or change the product;
- Problem — a complex, non-standard question, complaint;
- Incident — a mass problem that requires urgent attention and subsequent informing all victims of the decision.
By default, all tickets are entered into the system with the type «Question». To change the type of a ticket, click on the type next to the ticket's status, select the desired value from the drop-down list and click on the checkbox.
Priority — the criterion using which the executor determines in which order the ticket should be executed.
In Usedesk, priorities are divided into four types:
By default, all tickets go to the system with the priority «Medium». To change the priority of a ticket, click on the priority next to the ticket type, select the required value from the drop-down list, and click on the checkbox.
You can also set up triggers
to automatically change the status, type, and priority of a ticket.
Was the article helpful?