There were some problems with system performance when receiving a large flow of chat requests. That's why we decided to make time for chat optimization. After some corrections had been made, chat dialogue opening became much faster and other interactions with chats.
Revision of assignment algorithm
We continue to facilitate basic and straightforward but commonly used system functions. Ticket/chat assignment has come to our attention this time, so we have revised the whole procedure and developed assignee autocomplete:
- The number of actions required to assign a ticket to another user has reduced twice.
- Now you can unassign a ticket/chat from all users.
- You can see user availability (online/offline statuses) on the ticket page.
- The popularity sorts potential assignees in the selection list. The users to whom you frequently assign clients' requests will be displayed on top of the list.
- You can filter users by groups when assigning a ticket/chat.
More opportunities in triggers
Additional opportunities have been added to the trigger conditions for better ticket distribution. Now you can select one of three options of the when-condition "Request has been changed" > "Contractor":
- from anybody to not assigned
- from a user to a group
- from a group to a user
For example, if an employee takes a leave, you can distribute his/her tickets and chats among other users evenly with this trigger. Simply use a manual trigger to assign open tickets of that user to a group, so the system will automatically distribute them depending on the workload.
Fine-tuning of custom fields
Finally, we have released a very useful feature that will help you configure Usedesk in a more flexible way to better work separation between departments. Now you can set conditions under which your custom fields appear in tickets and chats. Just go to a custom field settings to use "Enable if" option. Meanwhile, if a custom field is inactive, the system does not take its settings into account. Here are a couple of cases you can use this option for:
- The Sales user group must see the fields "Business area" and "Client type" in all requests. Simultaneously, the Support group must get more info, so you also display the fields "Priority" and "Activated products".
- You get different custom fields displayed according to the ticket type. If the type is "Bug", the compulsory field "Section" comes out for you to add information where exactly the bug takes place. If it's a "Return", then you see the optional field "Return reason".
As a result, you draw users' attention to important fields in specific cases, but get a clean and more accurate ticket page in general.