Connecting Google mail
In this method, you connect Usedesk directly to your mailbox. Every 5–7 minutes, the robot will check all unread emails in the Inbox folder and upload them to Usedesk. Outgoing emails are also sent by your mail server.
1. Enable 2-step vetification if it is not already enabled. To do this, click on the user's avatar in the upper right corner, then "Manage your Google Account". Select the section "Security" → "2-step verification" and enable 2-step verifiication according to the following instructions from Google.
2. Open your mailbox on google.com. In the upper right corner, click on the gear and select «See all settings».
3. Select the «Forwarding and POP/IMAP» tab and scroll down to the «IMAP Access» section. Select the «Enable IMAP» checkbox and click «Save Changes».
4. Open the "Security" → "2-step verification" section again.
5. Scroll down the page and click on "App passwords".
6. Click on "Select app" → "Other".
7. Write "Usedesk" and click "Generate".
8. Copy generated password.
9. Go to the «Channels» section in Usedesk and click «Add Channel».
Important! You can only connect to Gmail with encryption. By default, the system selects SSL. For correct work, recommended don’t change settings.
All set, the channel is connected!