Integration set up
Usedesk integration with Slack allows you to get, edit and work on messages from Slack right in Usedesk.
To connect Slack to Usedesk:
1. Open the «Extensions» section and check if the Slack extension is enabled:
2. Go to the «Channels» section and click «Add Channel»:
3. Click on Slack:
4. In the locality URL of your workspace in Slack:
You can find the URL for your space by looking at your company name in the left corner of the Slack menu:
5. Log in to Slack:
6. Give Usedesk access to the workspace in Slack, pay attention to the «Allow» option:
7. Make sure the Usedesk app has appeared in Slack:
8. If there is no Usedesk application, add it:
9. Then the Usedesk application was added to the desired channels in Slack (you can add it both to private channels and open ones):
Done, the channel is connected!
To set up a channel, click on it:
By default, the channel is named the same as your work space in Slack. You can change the name if necessary:
Select the channels you collect in Usedesk:
If you connect to the Slack workplace, a new message channel will appear, from which you use the use in the Usedesk, if the channel in the Usedesk k is enabled, you will need to configure the «Update channel list» parameter and check the box next to the new channel:
Don’t forget to Save changes. Usedesk app should be added to the new channel.
- Delay for missed chats — time after which Slack chat with a new client’s request considered as missed.
The system reacts only to the agent's first response in a new or reopened chats. The time is counted from the moment when the client wrote a message and closed the chat or page, until the agent’s first response;
- Maximum chats per agent — the maximum number of chats that one agent can have. The distribution system is often found between all agents up to a given number in the settings. When the limit is limited, the rest of the chats are reserved unassigned.
In this case, if there is a trigger that includes an assignment action, the assignment action will not be executed when the limit is reached (all other actions of the trigger are executed).
If the value is empty, the system will automatically set the number of chats to 0, and the consumption of chats will work without restrictions on the number;
- Only allowed to terminate your chats — the agent can complete only those chats that can be completed on him;
- No messages (h) — if no new messages appear in the channel within the specified number of hours, Usedesk will send a message to the administrator.
In Slack, you can change the app's (bot) name from Usedesk to any other. To do that, click on Usedesk in the list of the apps and then on the arrow above:
Go to the «Configuration» section:
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on «Edit» in the Bot User section:
Add your new bot name and click «Save changes»:
All messages connected to Usedesk appear in Usedesk in both the «Tickets» section and the «Chat» section. The subject of the ticket will be the name of the channel from which the ticket came. This is how messages are written from Slack in the «Tickets» section:
And so — in the chat:
If Usedesk received a message from Slack but there is no start of a discussion in Usedesk for some reason (for example, the channel was connected later than the discussion started), the start of the discussion will be loaded with the first message. Example of a Slack discussion:
Slack supports sending documents, images, or video files. You can view an image or video both in the UserDesk interface and in the Slack interface.
Also Slack allows you to view documents without downloading.
You can filter tickets from Slack using channel filtering:
If you need to filter more narrowly by the names of Slack channels to process incoming and statistics, you can set up automatic triggers that will assign the right tag depending on the subject of message. For example, the «marketing questions» tag if you have a marketing department channel in Slack.
Tag trigger example
An example of a working trigger
Was the article helpful?