Field type: nested list
Values of the next level's list depending on the previous list's values. For example, the list of the first level — Countries, the second level — Cities. Then choosing America, only American cities will be displayed). You can create three levels maximum.
1. Enter the name of the levels in the corresponding fields. The first and second levels are mandatory:
- The title of the list;
- Add a level 2 list;
- Add level 3 list.
2. Add «Values» of the first level and click «Save», the values can be multiple. A new value is added by clicking on the plus sign in front of the «Values» field. The minus icon deletes the line.
After saving in the list of custom fields, two or three fields of different levels will appear.
3. Fill in the list of the lowest level. In the example, «Street». Enter all values that can be displayed in this field.
4. Then, by analogy with the first list, fill in the first and second levels. Enter a list of values, and click the list icon next to each value. The list of lower-level values will be displayed. Delete unnecessary values and leave only those to be displayed when the current list value is selected.
If you accidentally delete the required values, press the list's icon again, and the list of lower-level values will be displayed again.
Changing the value order at any level is implemented:
- automatically (in alphabetical order);
- manually (using drag-and-drop).
5. Mark the field properties in each level:
- Required field. If the user tries to reply to the client without filling in the field, the program will prompt that the field must be filled first;
- Add a tag. The ticket is automatically assigned a tag corresponding to the value of the custom field. Then new triggers can be created based on a tag or tags can be used to record statistics by categories of requests;
- Add a filter. On the main page, you can filter the list of tickets by the value of the custom field to see only tickets with a certain category;
- Add to the ticket interface. This setting allows you to display some fields prominently inside the ticket to save time and keep them private with the ability to fill in. A ticket page will update automatically if any of fields is changed;
- Hidden. This field is not displayed in the interface for employees; it can be a technical field for communication between Usedesk and other programs;
- Cannot be edited. The value in the field is automatically transmitted via the API. The field is locked for editing in the interface to prevent the employee from changing it and making a mistake. You can only see its meanings;
Note! If you save the field right now without editing the lower settings, it will be displayed in all tickets in your account by default. If a custom field is required for specific situations, set the conditions under which it will be displayed in the ticket (item 6).
6. Activate the field under certain conditions:
- And conditions — each of the selected conditions must be met for the field to be displayed in the ticket;
- Or conditions — at least one of the selected conditions must be met.