Chat: how to configure
To change the agent:
Click the button the upper block and a menu will appear with a list of all company users (left column) and user groups (right column);
You can also tag and fill out custom fields in the chat.
The following functions are available in the left-hand unit of the chat room:
- My — folder only with those chats where you are the agent;
- Group — the folder with the chats that are assigned to the agent group you belong to;
- All — all open chats;
- Unassigned — all the chats that are not assigned to any agent;
- Missed — if a client left the website before the user accepted and processed their message, the chat is considered missed considering the settings in the «Delay for missed chats» widget. If you click on a missed dialogue, you will move to the associated ticket card — from there you will be able to reply to the client by email if you have the client's address.
The icon next to the dialogue shows the messenger from which the client has written the official logo. If there is no identification mark, the message came from the widget on your site. The red counter next to the dialogue shows the number of unanswered messages from the client. If you have viewed the chat, but have not written anything, the counter will remain unchanged. If the bot has replied to the client, the chat counter will not reset and is waiting for the user to react.
The central place in the chat takes the correspondence with the client, it goes in chronological order, with the date and time of the message. The dialogue is displayed similarly to all popular instant messengers.
1. Emoji. Clicking on the icon will open a menu with emoji to choose from. Note that other emoji, copied from external systems and programs, most likely are not supported by Usedesk and will not be displayed to your conversation partner;
- Basic macroses that are used to answer the client. You can add actions to them; they will apply to each created chat;
- Quick macroses. To see them, enter a sign "/", and a list will appear.
3. Leave a comment. As in the ticket card, you can leave internal comments in the chat, visible only to users. Before leaving such a comment, make sure that the background colour has changed to yellow. To do this, click on the lock icon. Clicking on the icon again will return the response field to the client;
4. Select the file. By clicking on the staple icon, you can select the files from your computer to the client. Remember that not all messengers support sending documents (read more about limitations on each messenger's connection pages).