Chat: how to configure
At the first message to each chat, a ticket card is automatically created, which stores information on correspondence and other communication channels. Click the «Go to ticket» button to access the ticket associated with the chat quickly. In this case, if the user converts the chat to the status «Closed», and the client has written a message, the chat will be reopened, and a new ticket will be created.
To change the agent:
Click the button the upper block and a menu will appear with a list of all company users (left column) and user groups (right column);
Select one responsible user (or a group of users by double-clicking) to work with the chat. If you click on a group, the list of its members will be displayed on the left. Next to the employee's name indicates their status in the network (green — online, red — offline). Also, use the search bar — wholly or partially enter the name of the user. If you double-click on the «All» group, the field of the agent will be cleared, and the chat will become unassigned.
You can also tag and fill out custom fields in the chat.
When you finish communication, click the «Close dialogue» button and the ticket will go to the "Solved" status. To assign other statuses, go to the ticket page.
The following functions are available in the left-hand unit of the chat room:
3. Keep track of the dialog lists:
- My — folder only with those chats where you are the agent;
- Group — the folder with the chats that are assigned to the agent group you belong to;
- All — all open chats;
- Unassigned — all the chats that are not assigned to any agent;
- Missed — if a client left the website before the user accepted and processed their message, the chat is considered missed considering the settings in the «Delay for missed chats» widget. If you click on a missed dialogue, you will move to the associated ticket card — from there you will be able to reply to the client by email if you have the client's address.
The icon next to the dialogue shows the messenger from which the client has written the official logo. If there is no identification mark, the message came from the widget on your site. The red counter next to the dialogue shows the number of unanswered messages from the client. If you have viewed the chat, but have not written anything, the counter will remain unchanged. If the bot has replied to the client, the chat counter will not reset and is waiting for the user to react.
The general counter of unprocessed messages in the main menu shows the number of unanswered employee chats (the «My» list, in which the agent is the executor). The general counter counts the unanswered chats of an employee, not the client's number of messages.
In the right block, the client's profile and the list of his previous requests are displayed and in the ticket card. Below you will see technical data about the client if he has requested the widget on the site: browser version, the page of the site from which he writes, the version of the operating system, etc.
The central place in the chat takes the correspondence with the client, it goes in chronological order, with the date and time of the message. The dialogue is displayed similarly to all popular instant messengers.
At the bottom there is a reply field with several options:
1. Emoji. Clicking on the icon will open a menu with emoji to choose from. Note that other emoji, copied from external systems and programs, most likely are not supported by Usedesk and will not be displayed to your conversation partner;
2. Macroses. Add to the answer in the chat macroses of two kinds:
- Basic macroses that are used to answer the client. You can add actions to them; they will apply to each created chat;
- Quick macroses. To see them, enter a sign "/", and a list will appear.
3. Leave a comment. As in the ticket card, you can leave internal comments in the chat, visible only to users. Before leaving such a comment, make sure that the background colour has changed to yellow. To do this, click on the lock icon. Clicking on the icon again will return the response field to the client;
4. Select the file. By clicking on the staple icon, you can select the files from your computer to the client. Remember that not all messengers support sending documents (read more about limitations on each messenger's connection pages).
It is also possible to attach files from your computer by dragging and dropping them into the correspondence history area. The system will immediately send the file to the chat room. If you drag several files into this area at once, the system will send them as separate messages.
Additionally, you can change the size of the answer box. In the bottom right corner, pull the up/down arrow and set the field size to a comfortable size.
Was the article helpful?