Field type: list
2. Enter the name of the custom field in the «Title of the list» field and set two or more values in the list.
There are two ways to change the value order:
- automatically (in alphabetical order);
- manually (using drag-and-drop).
3. Mark the field property:
- Required field. If the user tries to reply to the client without filling in the field, the program will prompt that the field must be filled first;
- Add a tag. The ticket is automatically assigned a tag corresponding to the value of the custom field. Then new triggers can be created based on a tag, or tags can be used to record statistics by categories of requests;
- Add a filter. On the main page, you can filter the list of tickets by the value of the custom field to see only tickets with a certain category;
- Hidden. This field is not displayed in the interface for employees; it can be a technical field for communication UseDesk with other programs;
- Not editable. The value in this field is automatically passed through the API. To prevent an employee from changing it and making a mistake, the field is locked for editing in the interface. You can only see its values;
- Add to the ticket interface. This setting allows you to display some fields prominently inside the ticket to save time and keep them private with the ability to fill in.
Note! If you save the field right now without editing the lower settings, it will be displayed in all tickets in your account by default. If a custom field is required for specific situations, set the conditions under which it will be displayed in the ticket (item 4).
4. Activate the field under certain conditions:
- And conditions — each of the selected conditions must be met for the field to be displayed in the ticket;
- Or conditions — at least one of the selected conditions must be met.
This part of the configuration allows for more flexibility in configuring the system for each department or type of ticket, in some cases leaving the ticket page «clean» from unnecessary fields.
Read about how to work with custom fields in Usedesk here.