Outgoing ticket creation
To create a new outgoing ticket, open the «Tickets» section, click on «Create ticket» or use the U+N hotkey combination from any Usedesk page.
Let's look at the fields marked with a red asterisk. They are mandatory. If you have left these fields blank, Usedesk will not let you save or send the ticket.
- Public — the ticket will be sent to the client. Ticket status — «Pending»;
- Private — the request will not be sent to the client, but will be saved in the history of tickets. Ticket status — «New».
2. E-mail channel. This is the address from which the e-mail will be sent to the client if the request type is «Message». The «Comment» type of ticket also requires a channel: when working with this ticket, you may need to send a message to the client.
The system automatically substitutes an email channel — Usedesk remembers the last selected channel for the current agent and browser.
3. Client. Select or create a new client. The client will be automatically saved in the «Clients» section. You can select a client by name or e-mail.
4. E-mail. For a new client — fill e-mail address form. For the existing client — choose from the offered options or add a new address, which is saved in their card. If the client has one e-mail address, it will be displayed automatically.
It is not necessary to specify the e-mail address of the client when creating an internal comment.
5. Subject of the letter and message. Use the string format in your message.
- Carbon copy. Add one or more recipients besides the client to the outgoing ticket;
- Blind carbon copy. The recipients of the message will not see the recipients from this field;
- Phone. If you know the client's phone, add it to the form, you will be able to find it in the client's card later;
- Assignee. Select an assignee and a group of assignees from the list of assignees of the ticket. By default, the data of the agent that creates the request are filled in this field;
- By priority;
- Custom fields. Fill in the previously configured custom fields, which may also be mandatory;
- Tags. Add new tags or start typing current ones for selection in the list.