WhatsApp Business integration
To connect WhatsApp Business to Usedesk, you need to go through verification with Facebook by filling in all the necessary documents. We will help you in this matter! Please e-mail us for support.
As soon as Facebook has verified you, the Usedesk support will set up the Whatsapp channel for you to work. The button “Business.
The channel colour's blue background can identify the "Whatsapp Business" channel's successful connection.
Also, Usedesk support will inform you about the successful connection of the channel!
When working with WhatsApp Business, you will encounter restrictions such as a 24-hour window for standard correspondence:
You are given 24 hours to respond to a message sent by a customer. The 24-hour countdown starts over every time a customer sends you a message.
After this time has elapsed, only a template previously agreed with Facebook can be sent.
In Usedesk to work with the WhatsApp Business channel and its nuances, we have implemented:
- Hints about the 24-limitation. You can find it in the error's form in the request card with a link to the current article;
- Work with pre-agreed templates, which you can send either manually or automatically using a rule;
- Initialization of the dialogue with the client.
How the work with templates in Usedesk is organized
Templates are pre-built formats for standard messages that you plan to send to clients. Templates can be used to respond to a request after 24 hours and to initiate a chat.
1. The templates that you plan to use must be coordinated with Facebook. To do this, write to us in support, and we will help you do everything right. Approximately, template approval takes 2-3 weeks.
2. The template that you will send for approval must contain the message text (no more than 1024 characters) and its name. If necessary, specify the place for numbers in the text.
3. To respond to the client after 24 hours, you can configure sending templates via rules or via templates:
if you use variables in templates:
If your consistent template implies variables that can be pulled from Usedesk, then use Usedesk variables;
If there are no such variables, then after 24 hours, initialize the message yourself using any variables (see the paragraph of the current instruction "Dialog initialization".
3.1. Via the triggers
In Usedesk, in the "Automation" - "Triggers" section, configure a rule to send such a template to the client:
Select the appropriate conditions in the "What" and "When" blocks under the template submission and add the "Submit Trigger" action.
In the "Submit Trigger" action, specify the template id. From the "trigger example" this is the value of the "Trigger_name" column.
If your template contains variables, then list them in the rule separated by semicolons.
3.2 Via Usedesk Templates
In Usedesk in the section "Automation" - "Templates" set up a template, where:
- Add the "Submit Template" action;
- In the "Submit Template" action, specify the template id. From the example, this is the value of the "Template_name" column;
- If your template contains variables, then list them in the rule separated by semicolons.
Example of a template in Usedesk
4. If necessary, send a template:
Fulfil the condition from the rule, where you specified the action "Send template (WhatsApp)" (clause 3.1);
Use the Usedesk template, where you specified the action "Send template (WhatsApp)" (p.3.2).
And the template will automatically send to the client.
When using a template after 24 hours, the template text will not reach the client and be marked with an internal comment.
We recommend using templates (clause 3.2) only after 24 hours. Otherwise, the client will receive two messages, where the first message is the text of the Usedesk template, and the second is the agreed template with Facebook.
In the "Chat" section, you can display the button for creating a dialogue in Whatsapp Business "Create a chat with Whatsapp", which will allow you to initiate a conversation with your customers independently.
- Connect the Whatsapp Business channel;
- Configure access rights for the agent to work with this channel, which has Whatsapp Business enabled. If the agent does not have access rights to such a channel, this button will be absent, including assigning a chat to it or having administrator rights.
If you have several channels with Whatsapp, then when using the "Create a chat with Whatsapp" button, you can choose from which channel, and to whom you will write first. Chat initiation forms via Whatsapp and Whatsapp Business are different.
Email the customer by filling in the fields:
- Channels - select a channel from Whatsapp Business;
- Client - enter the client's name and from the drop-down list select who you will write to If you need to create a new customer, then write the name. If the search did not return any results - click "New client."
- Phone - enter the phone number in the international format (without indicating +) XXXXXXXXXX (for example, for the Russian Federation the number will look like this 79254321098, and for the Republic of Belarus - 375296787656), or select a client from your database and the number will be set automatically.
- Template name - enter the name of the template that you will use to send the message. You have coordinated the template names with Facebook. If you have variables in your template, then also include them in the name. For example: Template name; variable1; variable2. The message will not be sent if you have not filled in all the variables used in the template.
An example of filling in the fields:
What the client will get:
Was the article helpful?