Variables of text fields
It happens that you need to send many typical messages with client or ticket, for example:
- Use a response macros that you have to manually insert client information from the client's profile each time and retest yourself;
- Send messages with the settings of individual requests to management or related departments.
In these situations, you can speed up your work using variables present in all text fields in Usedesk.
Insert the variables you need from a ready-made list, and they will pull client, company, user, or correspondence information from your Usedesk and put it into the message. It's convenient to use variables in macros to avoid wasting time copying specific data from the system.
To use variables, click the icon in the text toolbar, select the desired option, and the variable will be inserted automatically in the correct format — in double curly brackets.
After you send in your answer/comment, you will see the value that has already been substituted.
Note! If the variable has no place to take the value (e. g., the client card you are substituting for in the email is not filled in), then the sent message will have space instead of the variable.
Now let's analyze what data can be substituted in the text using variables.
The first variables in the list take information about your company from the «Settings» — «Company» section (don't forget to check its relevance):
- Company name (company_name);
- Company email (company_email);
- Phone number of the company (company_phone).
The data about the user who keeps correspondence with the client is pulled from his profile in the «Users» section:
- User name (user_name);
- User e-mail (user_email);
- User phone (user_phone);
- User post (user_position).
The information about the client with whom you correspond will be taken from his card (located in the upper right corner of the request page and in the «Clients» section — «List»):
- Client's Email (client_email);
- Client's phone (client_phone);
- Position of the client (client_position).
The other variables refer directly to the ticket to which you send the response or comment:
- Ticket number (ticket_id) — the ordinal number of correspondence in the system, it is specified in the «header» of the request page, type #1234567;
- Subject of the e-mail (ticket_subject) — the correspondence name;
- CSI score (nps_rating) — the rating the client has set for the current ticket (the variable will substitute the value only if the client has already assessed the support work);
- CSI comments (nps_comment) — comment of the client that it left on its evaluation of the ticket (the variable will only add a value if the client has already evaluated the ticket and left an explanation of its evaluation);
- First message (ticket_message_first) — the first message of the chat;
- Last message (ticket_message_last) — the last message of the chat;
- A client or user message (ticket_message[x]) — is any message in a chat, where x is the message number, counting from the first message in the chat;
- User's last message (user_message_last) — last message sent by the user;
- All attachments in the ticket (ticket_attachments) — all files (images, documents) attached to all correspondence messages;
- Attachments in the first message (first_ticket_comment_attachments) — all files attached to the very first message in the ticket chain;
- Attachments in the last message (last_ticket_comment_attachments) — all files attached to the last (previous) message in the ticket chain;
- Correspondence with the client (quoted_ticket_comments) — all messages of client and agent in the request as a quote, without internal comments of users (only for email channels);
- All messages and comments of the ticket (quoted_ticket_comments_all) — the requested content is quoted in full, including both open messages and internal comments (only for email channels).
If you have additional fields in your Usedesk, you will see the variables for these fields in the list (view: «N field value»).